10 Most Important Thing to Look at Before Buying a House
When you are getting ready to buy a house, it can be a very exciting time in your life. The key to getting a good home is not letting that excitement keep you from looking the house over in great detail. There is a lot to look at to ensure you do not end up buying a house that you will soon regret. Here are ten of the most important areas to look at before you purchase the home.
- The roof – The roof is very important. Any damage to the roof will cause damage to massive amounts of other areas of the house.
- Heating and cooling systems – If the heating and cooling system are damaged it can mean a large amount of money to replace it or repair it. If there are issues that are not caught, it could lead to disastrous situations in the long run.
- Plumbing/water heater – If there are any issues with the plumbing or the water heater it can add up to be rather expensive to repair or replace. Plumbing issues can lead to mold, water damaged walls, floors and or ceiling. A damage water heater can cause
- Structurally sound/ foundation – You want to look over the foundation for cracks or breaks. You will want to look the entire house over for cracks and bows on the walls.
- Electrical system – The electrical system to very critical to have checked over. Electrical issues can cause a house fire. It is important to look at the wiring, the outlets, and the light switches.
- Mold – Mold can be hazardous to your health. Looking under the sink, in the corners of the shower and under and around the toilet for mold is important. The sight of mold can represent bigger issues with other aspects of the house.
- Critters – Looking for bugs, mice, snakes and other animals is very important. These are signs of major issues not to mention the cost of getting the house clean of the critters.
- Windows – A house without good windows allows air to escape. This will cost you money in heating and air conditioning bills.
- Insulation – A house without good insulation will cost you money in heating and air conditioning bills.
- Property – Visually checking the property will allow you to see it there are any areas of flooding, if there is any chances to wildfires, if there are gaping holes in the ground or if there are any property issues that could occur with the neighbors
Buying a home is more than exciting but taking the time to ensure everything is checked over is critical. It is important to have the house inspected by a professional as well. Doing an internet search will assist you in hiring a professional inspector. During the internet search, you can find websites such as Groupon.com that will show discounts and coupons for these various services. You can find services ranging from the house inspector to places to get massages. When all the inspections are done and the papers are signed it is time to enjoy your new house.